Canyon County Parks, Cultural & Natural Resources is preparing a grant application to the Idaho State Parks Waterways Improvement Fund (WIF) for its Celebration Park Snake River Boater Improvements project. We are requesting users’ support on a project that will improve boating access at Celebration Park. The Snake River access area near Celebration Park’s boat ramp was severely damaged during the flooding and high-runoff in spring 2017, following a severe winter. This project will significantly improve our motorized boating access and help with increased demands at this site.
Goals for Grant Project:
- Upgrade existing motorized boating docks to a system that accommodates the river fluctuations while remaining ADA accessible
- Improvements to the existing parking lot to allow better boater access
- Maintain recreational access for motorized boating at Celebration Park
- Improve motorized boater experience by decreasing congestion/user group conflict at the boating access facility
- Ensure this boating access project conforms to best practices for ADA-inclusive design
- Provide ADA-accessible, barrier-free boating and fishing opportunities for all Celebration Park users
For questions or comments regarding this project, please get in touch with Outdoor Recreation Planner Alex Eells at email@example.com. Please note the deadline to provide comments or letters of support is January 6, 2023. You can download a letter of support template for this project by clicking here.