Legal NoticesCANYON COUNTY
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
This website is provided and maintained by Canyon County to provide online access to public information and services. By using this site, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. Please review these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use this site.
- Agreement. This Term of Use agreement (“the “Agreement”) specifies the Terms and Conditions for access to and use of Canyon County website (the “Site”) and describe the terms and conditions applicable to your access of and use of the Site. This Agreement may be modified at any time by [name of website operator] upon posting of the modified Agreement. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately. You can view the most recent version of these terms at any time at www.canyoncounty.id.gov/legalnotices. Each use by you shall constitute and be deemed your unconditional acceptance of this Agreement.
- Ownership. All content included on this site is and shall continue to be the property of Canyon County or its content suppliers and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Site is prohibited, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through your use of this Site.
- Intended Audience. This website is intended for adults only. This website is not intended for any children under the age of 13.
- Trademarks. Canyon County Fair logo and others are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Canyon County. Other product and company names mentioned on this Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Site Use. Canyon County grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use this site solely for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other use. You agree not to copy materials on the site, reverse engineer or break into the site, or use materials, products or services in violation of any law. The use of this website is at the discretion of Canyon County and Canyon County may terminate your use of this website at any time.
- Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the website. You further agreed that information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Canyon County, its elected officials, officers, agents, employees, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
- Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. CANYON COUNTY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
- Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CANYON COUNTY BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE SITE, YOUR SITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT IS TO CEASE ALL OF YOUR SITE USE.
You may have additional rights under certain laws (including consumer laws) which do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, the exclusions or limitations in this Agreement that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to you.
- Applicable Law. You agree that the laws of the state of Idaho, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions will govern these Terms and Condition of Use and any dispute that may arise between you and Canyon County, its elected officials, officers, agents, employees, and affiliates. Any litigation arising under or as a result of this agreement shall be instituted only in a court of the Third Judicial District in Canyon County.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- Waiver. The failure of [name of website] to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of this Agreement by Canyon County must be in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Canyon County.
- Termination. Canyon County may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without notice, for any reason.
- Relationship of the Parties. Nothing contained in this Agreement or your use of the Site shall be construed to constitute either party as a partner, joint venturer, employee or agent of the other party, nor shall either party hold itself out as such. Neither party has any right or authority to incur, assume or create, in writing or otherwise, any warranty, liability or other obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the name of or on behalf of the other party, it being intended by both parties that each shall remain independent contractors responsible for its own actions.
- Contact Information.
1115 Albany St Caldwell, ID 83605
Information We Collect
Your Usage of Our Site. This Website automatically tracks certain information about you based upon your use of our Site. We use this information to conduct internal research on our users’ demographics and behavior to better understand and serve our users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregate [anonymized/non-anonymized] basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your IP address, among other things.
Cookies. In addition, we use “cookies” on certain pages of our Site. Cookies are small files that can be used to track a user’s steps or automatically generate information for a user. Some features of our Website may only be available through the use of a cookie. Cookies are stored on your hard drive, not on our Site.
Our Use of Your Information
Personal Information. We collect no identifiable personal information (such as name, address, and phone number) about you unless you voluntarily participate in an activity that requires such information (i.e. sending an e-mail, applying for a license or permit, or participating in a survey). If you send us e-mails or choose to voluntarily submit personal information to Canyon County through this Website we will collect such information about you as you may choose to disclose. By doing so, you are giving Canyon County your permission to use the information for the stated purpose.
Public Disclosure. All information collected on this Website becomes a public record unless an exemption in law exists. In Idaho, laws exist to ensure that government is open and the public has a right to access appropriate government records and information. At the same time, there are exceptions to the public’s right to access public records that serve various needs, including the privacy of individuals. Both state and federal laws provide exceptions. We may request personally identifiable information from you in order to provide requested services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to a County office.
Disclosures You Make to Third Parties
This Website contains links to outside third party websites to assist us in providing information and services. When you leave this Website Canyon County’s privacy policies will not apply. Canyon County does not control the privacy policies of third parties. When you disclose information to third parties on a linked website about yourself, you are subject to the privacy customs and policies of that third party.
The Canyon County website may be translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. No automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the Canyon County website, and are provided “as is.” No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.
The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.