Catering Permit


A Catering Permit allows any person holding a state liquor license to serve and sell liquor at retail by the drink at a party or convention within the county limits.

If the event is within city limits you will need to contact that city and apply for a catering permit from them.

Please allow for a 5 to 8 business days from the time you apply to the time you receive the catering permit.

How to apply:

To apply for a Catering Permit from Canyon County you will need to come down to the Administration Building (located next to the Canyon County Courthouse) on the third floor to Canyon County Recorder & Passports office, Suite 330.

Canyon County Recorder & Passport address is:

111 N 11th Ave
Caldwell, ID 83605

Bring with you…

  • Copy of a valid license from the Idaho State Police Alcohol Beverage Control
  • A person authorized by your business to sign on your business’s behalf.
  • $20.00 per day, payable in cash, check, money order. We don’t accept credit card or debit cards.
    • Make checks payable to Canyon County Recorder
  • Info about the event- Location, Address, Day and Time you will be serving alcohol, Event name, Name of sponsor for the event.

The following information is in accordance with The Canyon County Alcoholic Beverage License Ordinance, Chapter 5, Article 1

If you are inquiring about Business Licenses, please contact the Idaho Secretary of State external at 208-334-2301.


111 N 11th SUITE 330
Caldwell, ID 83605

Phone / Fax

P 208-454-7555
F 208-454-6689



Weekdays 8am – 5pm
(excluding holidays)